My name is Deb Perdue and I am Studying this year to get Certified with the PPA to become a Professional Photographer! Right off the bat I know this is going to be a Process! Here's how it is going!....

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bounce Light

It is so great to have great equipment! How can you expect to take better pictures if you don’t surround yourself with the right stuff? Since starting the Certification Study I feel very lucky to be surrounded by a nice group of fellow photographers who are willing to bounce the light of education with a bi-monthly Study Group! The Nor-Cal Certify Group meets every 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month at a Borders Café in Sacramento. Perfect timing too because as a mom of two little ones on summer vacation, nothing sounds better than a cup of coffee and conversation that does not include the words “I’m Hungry!” So far the discussions have been on all subjects of photography, mostly involving the certification process but also on some exciting hands-on ideas, marketing, workflow & postproduction! PHOTOGRAPHY information bounces here from one person to the other and by the end of each meeting I feel inspired to continue the Journey! The Light that passes through our cameras connects our subjects to an image. We view the image and learn from what we see! Connection to others is such a powerful part of the learning process whether it’s through a forum, meeting or webinar. I am so glad that I will not be doing this alone… If there was not a group effort in place I think it might seem impossible to even attempt the PPA certification! Proverbs 27:17 says “as iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.” Even God thinks this is a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment